Lesson #3: Make Sure Your Ads Are Only Showing In The Regions That Offer Your Product Or Service

May 1, 2012
/ / /

Once again, Campaign Settings can make all the difference in your ad campaign’s performance. Today’s lesson focuses on checking the Geographic Settings of your ad campaign.

If you do not change the settings of your ads and you’re located in the USA, your ads will show up everywhere in the USA. This is a problem if your service or company only operates in a specific area.  Make sure you change your geographic settings so that your ads only show up where your business is located.

Ex. You’re a mortgage company that is only licensed in California. Change your geographic settings so that your ads only show to users in the state of California.

Only in LA? Change your geographic settings so that your ads only show to users in the Los Angeles metro area.

A Note:

Google enables advertisers to only show ads in a certain radius around a particular location or by particular zip codes. The word on the street is that as soon as the settings are changed to either of these options, the advertiser’s traffic is likely to fall off considerably, as it’s harder for Google to guarantee that a searcher is in an exact location. This has pros and cons. Consider your campaign goals to determine whether the users’ exact location is more important to your ROI than traffic numbers.

Be Careful:

One of the easiest ways to spend more money than you’ve planned is to show ads nationally that are meant to be shown locally or regionally. Don’t waste your traffic – make sure your settings are correct!

How To Do It:

Under campaign settings, look at the settings next to “Locations.” If the target location is not to your liking, click “edit.” Then select the location(s) you’d like to target.

13 Comments

1. Arden Feagin July 15, 2012 8:05 am

I simply wanted to thank you one more time for the amazing website you have made here. It is full of ideas for those who are genuinely interested in this kind of subject, especially this very post. You really are all amazingly sweet plus thoughtful of others as well as reading your blog posts is an excellent delight to me. And that of a generous present! Dan and I are going to have fun making use of your ideas in what we should do in the near future. Our list is a mile long which means that your tips will certainly be put to good use.

2. Everette Sandlian August 16, 2012 10:28 pm

I’m still learning from you, while I’m trying to reach my goals. I certainly enjoy reading everything that is written on your site.Keep the stories coming. I enjoyed it!

3. SEO August 25, 2012 3:29 am

Great write-up, I¡¦m normal visitor of one¡¦s site, maintain up the excellent operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.

4. Truman Mccrone September 11, 2012 2:35 pm

I do consider all of the concepts you’ve introduced to your post. They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for starters. May you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

5. Hester Aston September 25, 2012 1:36 am

I have a blog with blogger. I have registered my blog using a gmail account. Now, I want to use a new gmail account and I wanted to import my whole blog along with the posts and comments to this new gmail id.. . Please tell me, is this possible and how can it be done?.

6. Hai Zarebski September 25, 2012 11:38 am

Thanks for another informative site. Where else could I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m simply now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

7. Marcelino Tanton October 29, 2012 12:12 am

I’m really into photography and would quite like a job involving it however i do NOT want to take pictures of people (weddings and stuff), i like taking arty/creative pictures. I also love writing and I have been thinking of writing for a teenage magazine and hopefully being able to get photography in there as well. Has anybody got any ideas on what job I could do that involves my kind of photography and writing and how I could get there. At the moment I’m 16..

8. Kelly Blumenfeld October 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Hello. Great job. I did not imagine this. This is a impressive story. Thanks!

9. Berry Mofford November 1, 2012 3:27 am

How can I import my blog to another gmail account?

10. Keith Cordaro November 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Some really select content on this site, saved to fav.

11. Philip Blaske November 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Very interesting topic , thankyou for putting up.

12. Pingback: journal originale facebook